Louis Untermeyer was an avid appreciator and editor of poetry and I have great respect for him in that regard. He was a tireless creator of anthologies that kept poetry out in the world. However, he’s simply not a great writer of poetry. Though he watched all the moderns with great interest, he struggled to become modern and really belonged in another era. There are a few good poems in this volume but one reads a lot of mediocre ones to find them. I picked this book up at a library book sale and it was appropriate for them to discard. In fact, it’s appropriate for any library to discard.
- Social BookmarkingSocial BookmarkingWhat is this, and how will it help my students? In the good old days, when you found a website that you liked, you simply bookmarked it on your computer. But, when you were on a different computer, you didn't always have access to it, unless you had a great memory. Enter - social bookmarking. Now, you can store all your bookmarks onlin […]
- Mindmapping and Brainstorming together.Sorry about the late posting today. If you don't know the benefits of mindmapping - check out this youtube link by Tony Buzan, the person credited with creating the concept. In the physical classroom, I learned how to use Inspiration, a commercial software that our school district had purchased. This was my software of choice - it's easy, and mo […]
- To the Cloud...Yesterday’s introductory post was very long. I’ll try to keep the rest of the posts this week very short - easier to read and use hyperlinks to direct you to further material available about the topic for those that want to explore it further. CollaborationCollaboration has long been a part of the classroom, and many students do not enjoy the enforced group […]
- Welcome to the MDE conference. Using Emerging DE technologies in the K12 classrooms.Welcome to the MDE conference. The idea behind this particular blog was born when, as a miltary wife, I followed my husband to Pennsylvania for 10 months. Unable to teach full time, I had just begun my second MDE class, and I accepted an internship in a museum setting. As a regular classroom teacher and librarian, I knew the benefit of field trips for ou […]
- No easy place to start...There is so much new technology out there that I'll have enough material to write about for a long time. I'l start off with a thank you to Jane Hart at C4LPT. She has put together a slide presentation listing the top 100 technologies for 2010, and for previous years. This is a good place to check out what is popular and even if you don't pl […]
- Social Bookmarking